Thursday, October 8, 2009

Handmade Nursery Wall Art Part IV : Elephant


This is the final one in the series of Nursery Wall Arts with jungle theme. Its also my favorite.

Following are the supplies I used for this project:
- Foam Sheets( black, white,yellow,orange, green, red and blue)
- Card Stock or any thick paper : brown
(brown foam sheets are preferred but I did not have them)
- Wiggle eyes
- Craft knife
- Glue and Scissors
- Scrapbook Sheets for background



Sketch the pattern or take a printout if you have one available with you. A good place to get inspired for patterns is baby bedding collection. I sketched the elephant and cut out the face body and ears using black foam.

I used white foam for paws , tooth and inside ears. Then just glued the pieces together and added wiggle eyes to get the cutest elephant. You can stop here.



Or to have more fun, add water using blue foam sheets. I also added rocks on the river side using brown paper. A shining sun and chirping birds made the scenery complete.
I hope you liked the series on nursery decoration and would try these or get inspired to make something of your own. Happy decorating!

2 comments:

  1. This is the best..no doubt..I can't wait to see all the decorations together.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this one is indeed the cutest...

    ReplyDelete

We will love to have your comments/feedback!